Monday, October 17, 2016

NOT NULL - SQL Saturday Portland Presentation Coming Up!

I am really excited to present a brand new session this coming weekend at SQL Saturday Portland. In my role as a database performance engineer this past year, I have been keeping notes on some 'gotchas' that come into play with database design and data storage. Thusly, I am very happy to be presenting:

NULLs ...and other SQL gotcha's

Wherein I discuss the ups and downs of NULL usage, what to do when you have 'no data' to store, some pitfalls to avoid and a few other bonus topics as time allows.


Last week, I was invited to give this presentation in front of the New England SQL Server User Group. About 50 or so people attended, and we had a lot of really great discussion about the use of NULL in a database.

I hope to see many at the PASS Summit next week, and while I'm not presenting there, it will be nice to have the opportunity to do so this Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment